For lawyer SEO I always suggest that our clients consider using customer testimonials on their website. Business people across all industries agree that a word-of-mouth recommendation is the best business builder. People like doing business with companies that their friends recommend or colleagues. You trust your friends to know your tastes and preferences and to not lead you astray.
There are several ways you can take advantage of the tried and true customer testimonial by incorporating them into your website, social media postings and even YouTube videos.
- Of course the easiest way to get testimonials are the ones which are given freely by clients via an email or hand-written card. However, it is very acceptable nowadays to solicit a testimonial from a satisfied client.
- Consider as a part of your trial completion process building in a Customer Satisfaction Survey which includes a space for comments. These comments often form great testimonials.
- Let clients know you are comfortable with them giving you a testimonial from social media networks such as LinkedIn, or even FaceBook and Twitter. Ask that they include a link to your website.
- Nowadays it’s as easy as using your cellphone for anyone to capture client testimonials. Client video testimonials have proven to work very well for us, and the authenticity of the message is undeniable. These videos can be uploaded to YouTube and then embedded to your site. But as always, lawyers must approach this with caution and use only when appropriate.
- Always be sure to tell clients how the testimonial will be used. I usually show clients the proposed usage of any testimonial before I publish it (especially if you’ve revised any misspellings or grammatical errors). Ask their permission if you’d like to use their name.
Testimonials can be as powerful as an advertising campaign and certainly should be included in your arsenal of online marketing strategies.